Thursday 12 July 2012

Day 2

“I stepped onto the streets today, people weren’t moving, you aren’t even supposed to. Red lights shone in my face, the cars were whizzing past, but I did. With the stereo headphones in place, I took a chance and watched my life fade to nothingness before my presence. They stared in surprise, certain that this life would be over in an instant.
I stepped onto the streets today, people weren’t moving, you aren’t even supposed to. Red lights shone in my face, the cars were whizzing past, but I did. With the stereo headphones in place, I took a chance and watched my life fade to nothingness before my presence. They stared in surprise, certain that this life would be over in an instant.
“Bump into me, please.”
I didn’t think of my family. All I ever wanted is to be dead and ridden of this pain that’s been haunting me for years. Sister’s friend committed suicide last night. He jumped to his death and before I left the house, she told me not to do anything silly, no matter how hurt I am.
But I did. I went ahead and wished for death.
This place is humongous and empty. It’s so quiet and still and stifling. The boy that I met from yesterday sat before me again. It’s starting to feel familiar, this lonely ache. I’ve started to eat alone, head home alone and go to bed, alone. It has become a routine: Wake up, feed myself medicine and caffeine, grab lunch near here, stay for hours, and head home.
I’m only 18, but there’s just so much pain I can handle from this life. I tore down my own mask. I think about mommy, and how I’ve always been her pride and joy since birth. The daughter who does well in school, has good track records for her co-curricular activities, the girl that shone. But I’ve stopped attending classes, I’m out here all alone, I can no longer do her proud, because I’ve become the daughter she never thought she’d have.
Forgive me for I’ve sinned, God. For all that I’ve feared, I’ve become suicidal.
I hope you feel happy for all that you've done. I'll wait to see how you're going to fall after hurting me this badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog