Wednesday 1 August 2012

Milly's Hair Extensions Review



This is an aforementioned post on my hair extensions. I’ll try to make it as comprehensive as possible, hope it will be of help to girls out there who are contemplating of doing extensions.

The single most important thing that bugs us girls other than the price, is credibility, no?

  • Will my hair look too fake?
  • Will it drop off easily?
  • Are the people attaching my extensions amateurs?


Of course, I’ve done my fair share of research online and apparently, Milly’s and Angel Xin Beauty have the best reviews and customer satisfactions. They are the top 2 most preferred choices when females opt for hair extensions.


Why did I choose Milly’s over Angel Xin?

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve read equally good reviews on the latter, but Milly’s patronized by many top local bloggers who rave about how much they love their hair so I was thinking, why not give it a try? Simple as that.



This is Milly’s Address just in case you’re interested to drop by (I went to the one @ FEP)

Far East Plaza
   
14 scotts road #03-129
   
Singapore 228213
   
Tel: 67376723



Bugis
   
Bugis Village Extension,
   
Level 2 @ Bom Bom street.
   
Booking & enquries: 8383 5395
   
Tel: 63384137

 

Bugis
   
Bugis Street,
Little Red Dot
   
Booking & enquries: 8383 5395
   
Tel: 63384137

Process

It was pretty fast, and the hairdresser, a china guy, just took a look at my hair and chose two bunches of hair for me. He mentioned that there are light shades of brown on my hair and questioned if I’d like to go for the brownish looking one or the ash black one. I chose the latter because I just dyed my hair black after countless colorings of brown, so meh.

I asked him tons of questions and he was patient, I guess. (At least he didn’t roll his eyes at me or wtv) He told me to divide the hair into 4 strands by 4 strands, and he attached it using the braiding method. BY THE WAY, IN CASE YOU'VE THE SAME MISPERCEPTION AS ME, A STRAND IS NOT A SINGLE ONE PIECE STRAND OF HAIR, IT’S A THIN BUNCH.

Not a painful process, judging by the fact that I’ve really low tolerance for pain. But when he attaches it into the inner layers of my hair, it does hurt a little. Just tell the hairdresser that’s doing yours about it.

It took around an hour and when it’s over, oh gahd, my new hair looks really natural! The first 3 days is a little unbearable because your scalp has to get used to the new braids on your head, and most people develop an intense itch. You can hit (areas where the itch originate) or ice it. A strand of hair fell off on the 1st day when I was bathing, and that scared me. Thank gahd, it didn’t occur again :>

Tips for hair care

These are some guidelines that I’ve read from my online research and from what the hairdressers @ Milly’s FEP taught me so, here goes:

  •  Apparently, you can’t wash your hair more than THREE TIMES a week. Try not to sweat so much. (I wash my hair on alternate days now though)
  • Wash your hair GENTLY in cool to warm water. Don’t scrub roughly. Comb your hair in downward motion.
  • Don’t backflip your hair when drying. NEVER, lol. 
  • AVOID heat on your hair as it might cause your braids to fall off. Air dry and pat it gently.
  •  BRUSH YOUR HAIR WITH THE RIGHT COMB (Preferably wide tooth comb) 2-3 times a day to prevent tangles. . 


PHOTOS


BEFORE HAIR EXTENSIONS 






AFTER EXTENSIONS 


Back, from the side. 





Back. 



Original, without the light effects. 
There's shades of light brown when sunlight shines on it, so meh. 
Hair color looks a little uneven. 



 I apologize for the stoned look /: 











Satisfaction Level

I’d say 4/5? Since I really wanted waist-length long hair but you’ve to consider the fact that the hair, albeit long, are attached from the center of your hair, not the ends, so, give and take, I guess?
Alright, that’s the end of my review. You can drop me questions if I've left out important details. Hope it helps! :> 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will it start dropping off? in 3 months time, will all of it till be there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much is it and if i get 100 can i transfer the 50/100 to my friend ?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog