Tuesday 13 November 2012

Catcalls

November 13, 2012 




Dear Blog, it's unusual that I'm penning this frequently but baffling things happened on the twelfth and it prompted me to write. I realize I wrote weird twice (unusual, baffling) and I'm bad at spelling twelfth. Firstly, despite having so little sleep I still managed to wake up at 7am for school and what's extraordinary is that there really isn't class, just an interview to conduct. I headed to the Library after a good breakfast and I fell asleep. I made my way to the second lesson. 

A guy came up to me and he went Hi, I'm lost. Do you know how I can get to Disneyland? Dear blog, I wish you know what a klutz I am, I actually didn't get him the first time and Excuse Me? I doubted. Disneyland he said calmly. I gave a shy smile and quickly went along my way. I thought I was safe but another came up to me and that was a pretty straight-laced young man. "Hi, I think you're cute. I'm Zann. Is it possible if I get to know you?" I reckon there's many Zanns around and it's okay to name. I thought that Monday was weird and once again, I gave an awkward smile and walked off. 








Dear Blog, I wish I read this some time in the future and still feel apprehensive about my unusual Monday encounters. I've had confessions like other eighteen year old girls, but pick up lines are . . . just unusual. I apologize for the lack of appropriate terms but yes, that's the best way I could describe, really. 

Pretty girls often receive confessions and attention from guys but look, I'm just me. Nobody ever pays attention to me because I don't speak up and I don't voice out and I don't seek to be the centre of attention. Maybe what I encountered was something that happens in the daily lives of pretty girls. But when it happened on me, it just scared me a little and made things seem . . . unusual. 




Dear Blog, and as I was saying, I had such a long Monday. I stayed back after my second lesson which was really four hours long for a project discussion. I was craving for food and long bus rides in the cold chilly weather. Food . Long Bus Rides . Food . Long Bus Rides . Food . Long Bus Rides . My mind chanted. I reached home late, definitely, had a quick warm bath and snuggled in bed fast. And by that I hope you know that I meant I conveniently missed dinner and I just woke up by omission. 















I read something I shouldn't even have but it was inevitable and I really just want to cry again. That was evidence of what I typed yesterday; Sad people hiding their grief just to feel okay again. Or rather, from personal experience, that's really not hiding, it's avoiding. It's focussing on what's good than what's bad. Remember how I tell you that my days are good again? I think it's working fine. 







I think I'm just a little depressed that I can't get to meet the people I really love being with (more than many others I suppose) because I've a major presentation coming up but still I'm trying to make time for a Wednesday dinner with them and I'm seeing them on Thursday and Saturday as well so that's not too long either way. I also wish that I won't ever forget mentioning that I feel a little frightened every time we are together because it makes me happy and thrilled and I know my happiness never last. I just hope that when the past memories come back again, I'm alone and not with them. I never want happy bunnies to be affected. 




Dear Blog, it's a little long post again but one of the more meaningful posts in awhile, yesterday and today. I think I'll try to distract myself by doing something else. Goodnight. 


















The last couple of photos I'd taken the other day. 
Goodnight & Sweet Dreams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog